- => Learn conceptual physics/astronomy integrated with the humanities fields through history, art, poetry, and other creative aspects.
- =>Open minds to different ways of looking at the world, by crossing boundaries between disciplines.
- => Explore how advances in science take place within broad cultural advances.
- => Discover how creative and intuitive aspects play crucial roles in the development of science.
- => Pursue links to Modern and Contemporary Physics/Astronomy
Conventional wisdom is that science and humanities are essentially disconnected, looking at the world in their own characteristic ways. Physics 1203 shows striking connections between seemingly diverse arenas all through the evolution of scientific thought. Thus the course bridges the gap between the sciences and the human experience. It holds a strong appeal to a broad spectrum of students. Such a course can be useful to students for the rest of their lives.